Monday, January 18, 2010

Taking my home to work

Some people have a problem bringing their work home, for me it is just the opposite this week.

It is day one of Cooper Wellness and my suitcase is jam packed with tennis shoes, at least a dozen mix-matched socks and every piece of workout attire I own.

Here is the schedule for the day:

  • Campus tour
  • “Prescription for a healthy life” by Dr. Riva Rahl
  • Dinner at the Cookery (the on-campus chef-supervised test kitchen)
  • Introduction to Zumba
    I am not at all coordinated. I won’t even pretend to be. Knowing that please be kind when you see the video later. :)

Lucky for me, I won’t be traveling back and forth between my house and work all week. The kind folks at the Cooper Guest Lodge have agreed to host me (and all the other participants, of course) for the week.

I must say, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my room today.

  • The tall bed is incredibly plush (just what I need after a Monday)
  • The shower is immaculate and stocked with Aveda products (much better than the mystery bottles I’ve seen at other places!)
  • Each room comes with an iHome, ready to the latest pop music hit that will get me revved up each morning
  • There was a gift basket full of healthy snacks, including a low-calorie cookie waiting for me
  • Each morning, the room is restocked with Starbucks coffee (they even put a Starbucks cup in the room, for that extra touch!)
  • And, I get to avoid all the traffic in Dallas! It will be even sweeter when they've got me waking up at 6 a.m. to work out!

...Talk about living in the lap of luxury!

No comments:

Post a Comment