Monday, January 18, 2010

Starting off Strong

Day one: check!

It started off great. Really! There are six other participants this week. Surprisingly, only two of us were rookies to Cooper Wellness. The other four had gone through the program at least once and one couple from Virginia has been coming once a year for 16 years! We’ve got a diverse group with one participant coming all the way from Ecuador and another just a few miles down the road in Coppell, Texas.

Prescription for a healthy life.
Drawing from her experience as a mother, Dr. Riva Rahl simplified the lecture into the ABCs of healthy living:

In lock-step with all Cooper philosophies, her entire presentation was deeply rooted in scientific studies that led her to each recommendation. One unknown risk really stood out to me during her presentation, I have asked her to guest blog later this week to share the secret with you!

4-Course Dinner with just 800 Calories
Three words describe this meal: delicious, filling and healthy. Tomorrow we’ll have Kathy Duran-Thal, our in-house food miracle worker share the recipes.
Check out some pictures I snapped on my iPhone in the latest Cooper Facebook album.

As promised: ZUMBA
Coming in at just over 5 feet, Donna Fisher may be petite, but she packs a serious punch! She had me and the other two men brave enough to take her class sweating, laughing and missing every other step in her routine.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Erica,
    That doesn't look too painful but I am behind a keyboard saying that so I really don't know for sure. I hope you are getting in shape and learning a lot. If I get my millions, you have to hook me up over there because heaven knows I need it.
    Keep blogging and I look forward to seeing you at ROC soon.
    Steve Spalding

    ReplyDelete