Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Mexican Meal with 550 Calories?

Earlier, Kathy Duran-Thal took us through her lecture “Guide for Optimal Nutrition.”

Personally, nutrition is the toughest aspect of health for me to maintain. For as long as I can remember I have been an over-eater, but up until just a few years ago, I was blessed with a fast-paced metabolism that burned all my calories off as quickly as I put them on.

Eating out is even trickier for me. I adore the first plates at many restaurants, especially at Mexican joints here in Dallas. Put some chips and queso in front of me and I am a goner. Well, Kathy taught us that it only takes 20 chips to consume 500 calories. Yes. You read that right! 500 calories with just 20 chips!

I was a little shocked when our lunch was fajitas. It is no wonder Kathy is the gem of Cooper Wellness. This meal was fantastic. So good that I was afraid to ask afterward how many calories it was. To which Kathy gave a chuckle and said: “Just about 550.”

I’ll let Kathy explain more here:


1 comment: